You must not take cancer lightly. Cancer sometimes may strike quickly but it usually manifests after many years of specific lifestyle. Examples of these habits are overexposure to ultraviolet rays and smoking, which leads to skin cancer and lung cancer respectively.
Experts give that over half of the recorded cases of cancer diagnosed in USA can be prevented if lifestyles could be changed.
There is one particular area of your daily life that will seriously affect your survival of cancer. The food you eat, the beverages you drink, the fuel used by your body to deter disease, are all important to your general wellbeing. There are foods that are worse than other foods, and these foods could be increasing your risk of development diseases. Yes! One of the worst diseases is cancer, but regular consumption of the following foods can result to chronic inflammation, diabetes, and heart disease.
Top Ten Cancer Causing Foods to Avoid
- Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs): The fast growing genetically modified crops industry is dramatically subverting our food supply. Over 90% of the soya and corn we consume are genetically modified. This particular practice has been issue of great concern in our society. In fact, experts agree that the test carried out prior to the addition of GMO foods to the ingredient listing of numerous products was inadequate. So always look for GMO-free labels whenever possible when selecting your food products.
- Microwave Popcorn: Microwave popcorn is now on serious lung cancer debates all over the globe—from the bag that is lined with chemical to the real content. Both its kernels and oil are suspected to be genetically modified. In addition, the released fumes contain diacetyl, which is toxic to your whole body system.
- Canned Goods: Majority of the cans we see are lined with bisphenol-A (BPA), which has been revealed to genetically modify rats’ brain cells. A lot of thermal paper, plastic goods, dental composites, and water lines also contain BPA.
- Grilled Red Meat: All grilled meats are delicious, but scientists have found out that while grilling meat, a carcinogen called heterocyclic aromatic amines are released. Furthermore, when red meat is grilled for a longer time, the meat’s chemical and molecular structure is altered.
- Refined sugar: High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is currently the biggest threat; however, even brown sugar is also a fined white sugar with some of the eliminated molasses reused for flavoring or coloring purpose. Refined sugar is the cause of major case of insulin spikes, and it also serves as fuel for cancer cells’ growth. As most of the sugar supply in most part the world is from GMO sugar beets, coconut sugar, organic honey, or maple sugar is a healthier options.
- Salted, Pickled, and Smoked Foods: Foods that have been salted, pickled and/or smoked always contains preservatives like nitrates, which are for prolonging the foods’ shelf life. The additives used in processed food products can mount up in the body after a while. In the end, such toxins cause cellular damage and also lead to cancer. Nitrates are converted to more dangerous nitrites when smoked foods are prepared at high temperatures.
- Soda and Carbonated Beverages: All sodas have been the topic for debate for almost 20 years. They contain HFCS, dyes, and other chemicals that are harmful to your health. These products have no nutritional value and they will deprive your body of the nutrients provided by other foods. When you see the word “diet” on the label, it means the drink has aspartame, a harmful substance which is just the same as rat poison.
- White Flour: Refined flour has no nutritional value and it is even bleached with chlorine gas to give it an appealing appearance to consumers. White flour has very high glycemic index (GI), thus can cause insulin spike without supplying your body with nutritional fuel. Your body converts carbs to sugars; therefore, products that contain white flour can result to increased insulin resistance.
- Farmed Fish: Commercial fish farming involves raising a large number of fish in a crowded and confined environment (called pond). 60% of the salmons we eat come from an environment where pesticides, antibiotics, including other carcinogenic chemicals are used. Farmed salmons don’t have much omega-3 fats as those salmons in the wild.
- Hydrogenated Oils: All vegetable oils are extracted from their source using chemicals, they are treated with chemicals, and even more chemicals are added to them to change their taste and smell. These vegetable oils contain unhealthy omega-6 fats and have been confirmed to be capable of modifying our cell membranes’ structure.
Any food listed as light, diet, or fat-free should be stayed away from. So as to remove fat or natural calories, chemicals harmful to your body were used as replacements. Therefore, consume organic veggies and fruits, grass-fed meats, and organic dairy products rather than feed on the food stated by manufactures as good.
Small changes or amendments will change your look and feel from the inside out. Since you’ve gotten an understanding of what cancer-causing foods are, you have to decide on the healthy food ingredients to consume.